After all it is business; you don’t know what information is needed for you at a time. Business information must be available for you at anytime of a day, that is what the magic of technology, and also Joomla! Imagine a visitor navigates your site and then is gone! There is no way to trace him back. So here you need to have a procedure to catch the basic information of your visitor. This is the only to give him your sales pitch. The number of emails you get also matters a lot. It is a key to assess the popularity of your site. So it is very pivotal point to have contact form in a prominent place in your web site.
Joomla comes as a handy tool here because it offers with you all the needful tools! Including contact form is very easy with Joomla administration system. Joomla has got ready built in form to use, to make things easier than those of older ones. The owner of the web site can manage it easily.
These are the steps you need to pursue to get this working
- Initially, you need to login to the administrator back-end (/administrator).
- Now, you need to create the categories in which you want to divide the contacts; Most of the times you will only need one basic category of contacts.
- You might want to give different contact information to different visitors. For example, you might need to add the contact details for sales department or logistics department and so on.
- Once you have an understanding of how many categories you require, you need to click on Components, then Contacts, and then Categories that will give you the ability to create a new contacts category.
- You can add as many categories as you want by clicking on the new tab that is present on the right hand corner.
- Once you are finished with Categories click the Contacts tab.
- Click on the new button, and a form is provided in which you can fill all the necessary details. Click save and you're done!
- If you want you can connect a contact to an existing Joomla user (this will you will not have to reenter his/her email).
You can even go for different access privileges for those different contacts. This ensures you that you are well protected. And also you will be given certain security measures that help you in blocking unwanted mails. It is a boon for the owner as he can be hassle free and stress free as well. You can see all the contacts, as well as add contacts if it is required, by clicking Components.
When you click on contact using the menu, you will have all the contacts created by you already and you can add more using the button. You can easily un publish or delete the present contact. When you are ready with this then you can go for your website. This feature of Joomla is worth going for because it helps you with basic but great things. You need to go on adding only.
Always you need to go for Contact Category Layout or Standard Contact layout. With this, one can add a single contact and using the category layout, you can add multiple contacts of the same contacts category. Now, what are you waiting for? Just go and implement it to boost your business. The results are just wonderful!